Starting this November, our new At Work Speaking Up Group will support people with LD’s and ASC around employment, work and the workplace
Based at Community House, we will be running online monthly meetings via Zoom for members to share experiences, stories and the barriers they face in the workplace
Working in partnership with Bromley Mencap, as well as links with other supported voluntary organisations, members can join in the conversation and have a voice!
Our aims are:
- To increase confidence, self-esteem and resilience in the workplace
- Awareness of the positive and negative experiences of people with differences in employment.
- Understanding their employment rights
- To supporting people to have a more active role in their employment
- Challenging misconceptions of LD and ASC workers in the workplace and to dispel beliefs
- Greater cooperation between employers, employees and their circle of support.
Our monthly meetings will provide members the opportunity to:
- Connect with others in similar situations
- Share stories and experiences
- Offer help, guidance and signpost
- Have their voices heard
We meet on the last Tuesday of the month,
6.30pm – 8.00pm