*** Please note that we are not currently taking referrals for the ENSURE Project at the current time***
The ENSURE project enables safe and effective Peer Support buddying for autistic adults living in Kent. We offer training and supervision for those with lived experience who wish to become trained Peer Supporters.
Once trained, we match Peer Supporters with Mentees who have similar interests for up to 12 weeks of Peer Buddying.
Who is this project for?
- People over the age of 18
- Who live in Kent
- Who have an official diagnosis of high-functioning autism or Asperger’s Syndrome
- Who would either like 1-1 support from a Peer Supporter or who want to train and volunteer to help others.
Our project aims:
- To build a regular, reliable and friendly contact for someone who might not have this and as a result feel isolated.
- To empower the peer supporter and mentee to build their social skills to make friends and develop social relationships.
- To enable the peer supporter to develop the skills to make friends outside the project.
- To build real friendships which may be able to stand on their own without the need of a formalised peer support structure.
“Ensure, empowering people with high functioning autism to break down barriers to social isolation and exclusion.”
– Our mission statement.
Please contact us for more information be emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also contact us here.