Health Complaints Advocacy

Health Complaints Advocacy

What is Health Complaints Advocacy?

Health Complaints Advocacy is a free, independent and confidential service that can help you if you want to make a complaint about any aspect of NHS care or treatment.

We provide Health Complaints advocacy to people who live in the London Boroughs of Bexley, Bromley, Croydon and Sutton.

You can complain about any NHS service in England, but you must live in one of these boroughs to use our advocacy service.

Our aims are to ensure that you get the best possible outcome to your complaint and to ensure complaints are used positively to improve NHS services for the whole community.


To be eligible for one of the NHS complaint services you need to be a resident in one of the boroughs listed below and your complaint would need to be within a 12 month timeframe.

How can we help you?

When you contact us we will provide you with information about the NHS complaints procedure.

We will also send you our Information Pack, containing useful resources to help you make a complaint about your care or treatment using the NHS Complaints Procedure.

You can choose to make your complaint with or without the help of one our advocates, depending on how you feel about following the complaints process and the complexity of your case.

If you need additional support, we can provide you with an advocate to support you.

Tip getting access to your medical records in order to make a complaint:

You have the right to see your medical records under the Data Protection Act 2018, unless your doctor thinks this would cause serious harm to you or another person.

You can also ask to be sent a copy of your records.

You should not be asked to pay for this, unless the request is considered ‘unfounded or excessive’ (particularly if you have made previous requests).

NHS Trusts and GP surgeries will usually ask you to complete a ‘Subject Access Request’ (SAR) in order to apply for access to your records.

If you would like to use our service please complete the Initial Enquiry Form, ensuring the consent section is completed. This can then be returned to:

Link to referral form for Bexley

Bexley email –

Link to referral form Bromley

Bromley email –

Link to referral form Croydon

Croydon email –

Link to referral form Sutton

Sutton email –

Alternatively post to:

NHS Advocacy department, Advocacy for All, The Civic Centre, St. Mary’s Road, Swanley, BR8 7BU.

If you would like to speak to someone about these referrals then call: 0345 3101812

Click option 3 if you live in Bexley

Click option 4 if you live in Croydon

Click option 5 if you live in Sutton

Click option 6 if you live in Bromley

Helpful information for you to download

Who do I complain to?

How to access your medical records

Writiing and sending a complaint letter

Useful  national contacts for health  complaints

Translate »