We have support groups across many areas of east and west Kent. We support people to gain confidence, meet others, join in social events and hold peer support groups.
Who we work with:
- Adults (over 18)
- Living in Kent (not Medway)
- Have a diagnosis of high functioning autism or Asperger’s syndrome
What we do:
- Monthly peer support groups across areas in Kent, including Ashford, Canterbury, Dover, Gravesend, Maidstone, Shepway, Swale, and Thanet.
- Regular, supported social events and days out across Kent. These include art workshops, walks, meeting up for meals, visiting attractions, etc.
- Sign-posting – providing information and guidance about useful local services.
- Special, one-off events, including consulting with the local council and others about issues related to the autism spectrum, putting on art exhibitions and raising local awareness about autism.
- Speak up to local councils about services.
- Help make important changes to make life better for people with Autism and raise awareness.
“Before I joined the groups I was extremely isolated, it has been an absolute lifeline for me. It feels like my world has really opened up.”
“As soon as I walked in I felt comfortable. Being part of this small community has helped me be confident in who I am.”
– Comments from members.