Bromley Together run a number of different groups for adults over 18 with a learning disability or learning difficulty who live independently in the community with little or no support, or who live in supported living.
The groups we run include a Speaking Up Group, a Members meeting, a Young Adults group (18-30), a Lads group and a Ladies group. We also run some joint groups with people from Bexley, which include the A Team and All Stars.
The aims of the Bromley Together groups are to:
- Meet new people
- Make friends
- Have fun
- Have more confidence
- Try different things
- Get support if people need it
- Share experiences
- Speak up and learn about our rights and things that matter to us
- Promote self-advocacy for adults with learning disabilities living in supported living in Bromley
- Use creativity and technology to get our stories heard
What we do:
- Regular meetings for our members and for our Speaking Up Group.
- Quizzes and games nights
- Arts and crafts events
- Talk about things that affect our lives, like
- Health services
- Things we like doing
- Guest Speakers
- Social events such as cinema, bowling, pub, karaoke, Sunday lunch, barbeques
- Coffee mornings
- Help organise and attend events
- Fundraising activities such as a sponsored walk and a Christmas Fair
- Get involved in our community
- Go to forums – for example Transport for London Advisory Group
- We also have the All Stars, healthy exercise for people with disabilities living in Bromley. Please see below:
To see a short introductory video to invite new members to our group, please click here!
You can also see a video showcasing our fifteen years of speaking up by clicking here!
Please contact us for more information:
020 8315 2508
South Street, Bromley. BR1 1RH